1. Ten to Fifteen million suffer from this on a daily basis.
2. Many have doctors who refuse to understand the pain and have family and friends who choose not to believe them.
3. Actual evidence has now come to light with research.
4. Fibromyalgia is a Central Nerous System Disorder.
5. We do not consider ourselves to have "overactive nerves" as this statement makes it sound as if we are all just "nervous".
6. Pain signals have been seen and documented on high tech brain scans of people with FM. The signals are sent without reason in the central nervous system.
7. Gray matter in the brain has been shown to dissipate at higher rates in those with FM than the normal person.
8. Not pain alone, but exhaustion, fatigue which is constant, numbness, tingling, burning, dizziness, nausea, bowel and bladder problems, memory and concentration problems as well as sleep disorders are but a few of the symptoms.
9. Chemicals to name a few which are out of whack in the central nervous system are: serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine, and substance P to name a few.
10. We can look "just fine" yet be plagued every minute of our lives with misery. WE are tired of this disease not being taken seriously.
11. WE WANT AWARENESS and REMOVAL OF STIGMA
For more information on fibro, please visit the National Fibromyalgia Association site